Happy Monday Everyone!
Hope everyone is doing well. Just sending out a few, but very important updates:
1)As of this afternoon, effective immediately, Governor Newsom has closed indoor gym spaces, in specific counties (LA County included).
What does that mean for you and your daily IN PERSON classes?
- Our indoor space cannot be used for any classes.
- All in person classes will continue on the same schedule – but will only take place outside in our parking lot.
- Effective immediately, there is no parking in the lot. The parking lot is reserved for training only! No exceptions.
- All social distancing, health and Covid protocols still remain. Please do not come if you are experiencing any symptoms. Please email your coaches (every time) confirming you are symptom free. And please be sure to sign up for all classes; and please be sure to remove your name if you can no longer attend.
- We will be sure to update if and when we are allowed to return back inside.
2)NO MORE GLOVES!
Yes, you heard that right. Gloves are no longer required for workouts – outside and inside (whenever that may be) in the gym.
3) Masks are still required!
No mask, no workout, NO GAINZ!!
4) As all of you know, my son Jack was born April 15th. When Jack was born, I programmed a Birthday Wod for him based on both my wife and I’s favorite movements. Melanie and I are both what you would probably consider “power athletes”. Give us a short workout and make it heavy and we’re both very happy. Due to Covid, I never shared this workout. I really wanted us all to be back in the gym to do it together. However, with “safer at home” still in motion and Jack turning both 3 months and 13 weeks this Wednesday, I figured now is the perfect time to get this done.
Don’t worry if you’re doing this workout at home, I created a modify version to match the movements. So everyone be sure to sign up and take Wednesday’s class. Not only is it a good one, but I don’t think you would want to disappoint this face, by not doing his birthday workout.
Birthday WOD 4.15.20
4 Hang Power Cleans (185/125)
15 Cal Row
20 Unbroken Wall Balls (20/14)
As always, we appreciate you being flexible and rolling with the punches right now. If you have any questions, please be sure to reach out to your coach.
21 – 15 – 9
Power Snatch (115/75)
Bar Facing Burpees
28 – 22 – 16
21 – 15 – 9
*Alternate DB Snatch